Command prompt is the command liner interpretation application available in most of the Windows Operating systems. It is basically used to execute the entered CMD or DOS commands.
There are much a lot of things and cool tricks we can actually do using the command prompt, here in this piece of article I am going to take you through some command tricks which will be quite helpful and cool as well.
This is one of the coolest things you can do using the simple command and many are actually not aware of these simple tricks they can do using the prompt. So here is how to encrypt your important files very easily
• Open the command prompt window
• Now change the directory using the simple cd command to the file/folder where your important files exist or to the file/folder which you would like to encrypt.
• Now just type “cipher” and press enter. That is it, you have encrypted your important files and no other user can delete them.
Change CMD color:
Aren’t you bored of the black and white theme of the CMD prompt window? Yes there is way we can simply change it. Here is a simple command trick to change the font color.
• Open the CMD prompt window
• Type “help color” in the prompt window just to get an idea about the colour codes
• To change the colours of the foreground and background, just use the simple command “color” followed by the color codes that you like
For example “color xy”
x attributes to background color
y attributes to foreground color
Change Window Title:
The command prompt window title is very boring and if you wish to change it something quirky and cool. Yes, you can do that using a very simple command trick.
• Open the command window
• Just type the command “title” followed by the window title that you would like to replace with and press enter. That is it, you will notice the change.
Hide a file/folder:
Hiding files and folders in windows can be done easily using the properties option, but the hidden files in that way can be unhidden when someone makes changes to the folder options. But using a simple command trick, you can hide files actually in way that they cannot be unhidden.
• Open CMD window
• Chang the directory to the file or folder that you wish to hide.
• Now just type “Attrib +h +s +r” d press enter, your file/folder will be now hidden
• To unhide the file/folder just type “Attrib –h –s –r”
Get List of Programs on PC:
Typing the command “wmic product get name” will get you the list of all the programs installed in your computer after a little while. It will take some time, so kindly have some patience.
So, these simple DOS commands are thus helpful and cool as well, so try these for sure.