Are you having difficulties in importing MP4 Files to Window Movie Maker? Worry not since this article will show you how to do so.
Why I failed to import MP4 to Windows Movie Maker?
If you have an MP4 file and you import to Windows Movie Maker, you will not be successful since Windows Movie Maker is not compatible with MP4 files. In such a scenario you need to convert the MP4 file to Windows Movie Maker such as WMV. This cannot be possible without a video converter. Therefore, in this article we recommended iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe software.
Convert MP4 & Import to Windows Movie Maker using iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
iSksyoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is a video converter that supports different audio and video formats. These video formats could either be standard formats such WMV, MP4, MOV, AVI and HD format such as MTS, TS HD MOV and others. With iSkysoft iMedia Converter software you will be able to convert files to formats supported by iOS devices, editing softwares, Android devices and game consoles. This software is just the right video converter since it is integrated with other features such as video editor, video downloader and it can burn media to DVD files. Let us outline other iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe features before we look at how to convert videos to Windows Movie Maker.
Key features of iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
- It supports batch conversion of videos and audios.
- It can convert audio and videos while retaining its quality.
- This video converter supports over 150 file formats both audio video formats. The video formats include DV, ASF, RM, WMV, RMVB, M4V, GIF, AP3, TP, TRP, TIVO, DPG, VOB, DAT, MOV, FLV, F4V, DVR-MS, HD MOD, 3GP, 3G2, HD MOV and HD FLV just to least a few.
- It can also input and output audio formats like MP3, SD2, AIFF, APE, AAC, M4R, OGG, APE, MKA, AU, FLAC, CAF, M4A, AC3, WAV and AAC.
- iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe has a DVD toolkit that allows you to edit DVD videos, burn videos and convert DVD videos. The supported DVD formats are DVD ISO, DVD Disc, DVD IFO and DVD folders.
- With iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe you will be able to download videos and record videos from online sharing sites like Blip, Hulu, Veoh, YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Vevo, Aol, Daily motion, Metacafe and others.
- It is easy to search for files since it has an inbuilt browser.
- It is integrated with a video editor that allow you to crop, trim, split, merge, add effects, add watermarks, adjust brightness, saturation, volume and Aspect Ratio.
- iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac allows you to upload media directly to YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo.
- It supports macOS 7, 10,8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12 Sierra whereas supported Windows OS are XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker for Editing with iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
In the steps below we will show you how to convert MP4 file to Windows Movie Maker so that you be able to edit it. First, ensure that you download this software to your Mac or Windows computer and launch it.
Step 1. Upload MP4 file
To upload MP4 videos to iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac, you can just drag and drop then. The other method is to click on “File” and then choose “Load Media File.” From there you can upload the MP4 file.
On Windows OS, you can click on “Add Files” button under “Convert” button and upload the MP4 files to the program. On the middle of the screen is “Add Media Files” button, which allows you to click and add files. Similarly, you can also drag and drop files to the program.
Step 2. Choose Output Format
After that, you need to choose the editing option output format. Move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. From there, you can now click on “Output “ and click on “Editing.” From the editing options scroll through until you see “Windows Movie Maker.”
Once you have selected the output format, you can now choose the output destination to save the converted file on your computer and then proceed to the next step.
On Windows, you will have to go to the top right and click on “Output” and then click on “Format” and choose WMV, which is compatible with Windows Movie Maker. Select the output destination and move to the final step.
Step 3. Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
What follows is for you to convert the MP4 file. Click on “Convert” button. The program will display the conversion progress on the screen. Once it is complete, you can open the converted file. Go ahead and view the video, from there you can then import to Windows Movie Maker on your computer.
iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe software must be the best choice to convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker. In fact, this software supports over 150 file formats. Furthermore, you will be able to convert files to Apple devices, Samsung, editing softwares, Android phones, and game consoles. It can also edit, burn and download media files whenever you want.