YouTube, as you all may have know is the most popular video blogging website and has a lot of interesting video content to watch and share and many of us view lot of videos daily on YouTube. But some simple and useful YouTube tricks, your YouTube experience is going to be superb. Let us first go through some of the keyboard shortcuts that you must note.
While you are watching YouTube videos, here are simple keyboard shortcuts which may save you from boggling with the mouse and allow you to relax leaning back on your coach and watch videos.
- Pressing spacebar will pause the YouTube video, this you may know. But it works only after a click on the window, in such cases ‘K’ key will pause the video without having to touch the mouse.
- J and L keys help you to rewind and forward the video for 10 seconds respectively.
- Arrow keys also perform the rewind and forward action but for 5 seconds, that is if you want to rewind very small part, use these keys. Left arrow to rewind and right arrow to forward.
- Press “F” key to go into full screen mode.
- Using the number keys 2,3,4…. You will be taken to 20%, 30%, 40% ….. of the video respectively.
- Pressing “0” will take you to beginning of the video.
- Pressing Up and Down arrow will increase and decrease the audio by 5%.
- “M” key will mute/unmute the video.
So, I hope these simple YouTube tricks will be useful to you at times and you use YouTube like a pro with these.