Multi window is the most desired feature for many people and companies like Samsung, Panasonic have come up with phones that have this feature built-in in them.
Multi window feature is something where we can be able to open two windows at a time by splitting the mobile screen into two portions. We can browse on the web and chat with our friends on Skype at the same time. This is the most desirable feature in tablets. So here in this article I am going to tell you the process of enabling this multi window feature in android Marshmallow.
If your phone runs on Android Marshmallow and is rooted, then you can simply follow these steps to enable the feature.
The process of enabling one of the best hidden marshmallow features. Here we go
- Download BuildProp Editor into your device from the Google Playstore.
- After downloading it, open it and find the “ro.build.type”
- There replace the word “user” with “userdebug” and save it
- Now the device will prompt you to reboot and do so.
- After the system is rebooted, just go the Settings>Developer Options and there under the drawings category you can find the option Multi window. Just enable it and you can now be able to use the multi window mode on your marshmallow rooted device.
Note: If you don’t have developer options enabled in your device. Just go to Settings>About phone>Build Number
Tap on the build number for about 7 times and now go and check out the settings, you can find the developer options there.
Using the above steps you can easily enable the feature multi window in any phone that runs on android marshmallow.
Now lets get to know using one of the best hidden marshmallow features
When you open multi windows usually, under the menu option, all those windows will be displayed and now after enabling this feature of multi window, within in all the windows you get to notice a simple change. They will now carry three options on their top along with the regular close option which used to available in the past. They now look like below
When you press on the new icon shown above, you will get three options and choose the layout you want. Up layout if you wish to place that window on top of the screen and bottom layout to place it on the bottom of the screen.
Thus you can easily enable the multi window in any phone and make use of the best hidden marshmallow features.