Sitting in front of the computer will definitely make you forget the time and any important work that you might have. It might be a game or any other simple web browsing that you might be doing on the computer. If you really want to be disciplined and also feel it is important to have a strict schedule to be followed, then even your computer is going to help you for sure. Your Windows 10 PC has this feature that might help you a lot. To auto-shutdown your computer after a certain time, you just need to follow these following steps
- Search for ‘Task Scheduler’ in the Cortana Search bar and then just click on that program.
- Now the task Scheduler window will open and then you have to click on the option ‘Create Basic task…’
- Now you just have to set a name to the task, as it is the auto shutdown task that we are creating, so just go for it, or you can even set anything you want, and add a description, then click Next.
- Then in the next step, you just need to select the repetition of your task that you have scheduled whether daily, weekly, monthly or once. There are various other options available as well. After that click on Next.
- In the Next step, you have to set the exact time at which you want that task to be done.
- Now it’s the time to choose the action you want the task to do. There are three options available Start a Program, Send an Email, Display a Message
- Click on Select a Program
- Now click on Browse and then open the C:\Windows\System32 folder and select the file Shutdown.exe
- In the arguments box add -s -t x, replace the x with the number of seconds within which you would like to shut down the Ex: -s -t 1800, click Next
- It will then show the overview of the settings and choices that you have chosen, just check them all and click on Finish.
That’s all, you are done with scheduling the auto-shutdown in your Windows 10 computer.