Google Chrome is without any doubt the king of the browsers as it is the most popular one. It can be because of its various features that attract the users that may have made it popular, but it is a fact. We have earlier discussed the various hidden features of Chrome and also learnt about some wonderful and useful extensions for the browser. Today in this piece of article, let us learn how to block a particular website in the Chrome browser.
There are plenty of extensions available in the Chrome web store that allows the users with this task of blocking certain or particular websites. But there is another simple method which can be done right from the Chrome settings and preferences.
Steps To Block Websites In Chrome Browser
The method is basically pretty simple and you can do this very easily, here are the steps you need to follow
- Now, first of all, open the Chrome browser and in the tab. Just tap on the three dot icon on the top right corner of the screen, then tap on settings, and then go to advanced settings
- Here, under the label Network, you will find Change Proxy Settings option. Click on it and it will open Windows Internet properties window
- Now tap on the Privacy tab in that window and then click on the sites option
- You can find a box with the address of the website there, just add the URL of the website that you wish to block. Then click on the block option which you can find just beside it
- You can add as many URLs as you want here and you would never find them in your Chrome browser
You can unblock the sites by simply selecting that URL you added and then clicking on remove option. This manual method of blocking is actually a fully secure method.