Many of us might have got bored of the same old regular icons on our computer screens in our Windows devices. Don’t you ever wanted to try something new? Now, in this article today we are going to learn about creating custom desktop icons in your PC.
Creating Custom Desktop Icons
Rainmeter , the best customization tool for Windows is very good at creating custom icons for your programs. The icons range from immersive to regular. The best thing about this program is that there are already some fan made icons available which you can make use of.
Rainmeter settings are text-based, since it is necessary and important for you to learn the creation process of icons before you start downloading and installing icon packs, the more you learn, the better and more customized you will become.
Now let us see the process of creating a simple icon with this wonderful program
• Head to the C:\Users\[PC Name]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins, the PC Name should be replaced with the name of your PC
• Right click on a blank space and click on New, and then click on Folder
• Now name the folder that you have created, that it should represent the contents
• Now, after creating, just double click the folder and create another folder within it, name the folder with the name of the icon that you wish to create
• Then create another folder within it and name it @resources, this folder will hold your icon images
You have created three folders overall
• Now double click the second folder and right click on the blank space and click on New, and then on Text documents
• Now open the text document created by double-clicking on it and just copy paste the following thing
• IconName should be replaced with the name of the PNG file that you should be using for your icon
• Height for changing the size of your icon
• Address should be replaced with the address of your program, or a website address
• Now go to the @Resources folder and paste your PNG file which you would like to use as an icon
• Then replace that PNG file with the parameter you have entered for the IconName
• Now replace the Height parameter in your INI file with the size of the icon
You are now done with creating the icon, let us now learn how to place it on the desktop
• Now just right click on the welcome to Rainmeter window and then click on Rainmeter and then click on Manage
• You can see a window open, you can see your created icon under active skins option
• Select the folder that you have created earlier and double click on the INI file, that is it you will see the skin on your desktop
This process may seem a bit long and may need a bit of mind into it, but remember that this will your Windows PC a new look and you must definitely give it a try and create your custom desktop icons.