Google assistant, one of the most popularly known assistants and the official one from Google is quite popular among the android users. We have earlier learned about the process of getting Google’s smart assistant installed on our smartphones.Read it Here, but recently Google has announced that it has been planning to launch its assistant to all the android smartphones that are running on Marshmallow or higher. So, if you are using a phone with an older android operating system, then go on to the above link and follow that process to get that assistant and if you have Marshmallow you will have to wait for the official update for your phone to arrive from Google. If you cannot then here is how you can get the Google assistant enabled on your device.
Here is the process:
This is the process of enabling the assistant through beta apps and it can be done by following the below steps.
- First of all, you have to get the beta versions of the Google Play services and the Google app. This can be done by going to Settings>Google>tap on the three dot icon and then tap on the Help and feedback option from the drop down box.
- Now in that page again, you have to tap on the three dot icon and then click on the option open in the Google Play store. It will then take you to the Google Play Services Play store page.
- Here just scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you can find the I’m In button there, just hit on it.
- Then click on join in the pop-up window.
- Now you have to wait for a few minutes to get the update to that application.
- When you see the update option there in the application’s page, just tap on it and wait for it to install the update.
- After it is done, you have to search for the Google app in the Playstore and then sign up for its beta version as well like you did for the Google Play Services. If you have any doubt regarding the using of beta version check out our earlier article on that Here
- After updating both the application with the beta versions, just go to Settings>Apps, then select Google here and then click on Storage>Manage Space>Clear All data.
- Change the language of the device to English US in the language input settings.
- Then come back and select Google Play Services and then tap on Manage Space and then hit Clear All data.
- After doing all that, open the Google app and set the things up as you are asked to.
Then you will see the same Google page, where you have to tap on Settings and then Google Assistant settings, click on it which will pop up the assistant’s window.