Google Chrome gained the ‘Global Media Controls’ feature that allows you to control the playback from any tab, without having to switch back to the source tab. Recently Chrome has also added another feature that lets you enable live captions to any of the videos on the internet.
Enabling Live Captions For Videos On Google Chrome
- As a first step, just open the Chrome browser, then head to chrome://flags
- Search for ‘Global Media Controls’ and enable ‘#global-media-controls-modern-ui’ flag from the available options in the drop-down menu
- After enabling that, search for ‘Live Captions’ and enable #enable-accessibility-live-captions’ flag from dropdown menu
- To make the changes applicable, just restart the Chrome browser
- Now open YouTube or any other video streaming service. Play any video and there you will find the ‘Global Media Controls’ icon pop-up in the address bar next to the website address
- Click on that icon, turn on the toggle to turn the live captions on