Ever since the launch of the Reliance Jio in August 2016, people are going crazy about it. It has grabbed everyone’s attention with its unique offers like free voice calls, internet, and SMS services. We all know how useful Jio sims are for all of us, but as jio is a 4G based service and works only on 4G mobiles, all the users who have old modeled smart phones are a bit disappointed but don’t worry, today in this article I am going take you through the process of using the Jio SIM in 3G phones.
- Your phone must be equipped with any one of these chipsets
There are two different methods for the two chipsets,
so first to proceed with the process, you have to find
out the chipset in your mobile handset.
- The phone must be running on Android KitKat or above
Finding the Chipset:
There is an app in this purpose, so download that app from the Google Playstore and the app is CPU-Z.
It gives you various hardware related information about your handset and you can also find the model of your chipset over there.
Using Jio on a 3G phone with Qualcomm Chipset:
- Download the app called Shortcut Master (Lite) from the Google Playstore and install it. Here is the link to it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite
- Now after installing it open the app and select Engineering Mode option from the Main Menu.
- Then select System App option if available or else dial *#2263# , after the screen appears just go to Menu and tap on the Back option. Then tap on the Key Input and enter 0000 as data value.
- You will see a pop up appear on the screen now after entering the input value, select UE Settings there.
- And then Settings>Protocol>NAS>Network Control>Band Selection>LTE Band and then finally select Band 40 from the available LTE bands.
That is it, you are done with setting up Jio SIM in your 3G phone with Qualcomm snapdragon and you can just check the signal and restart your phone, it will work fine.
Using Jio SIM in a 3G phone with Mediatek Chipset:
- In this process, you first need to download an app called MTK Engineering Mode from the Google Play store and the below is the link to the app
- After installing the app, open it and then dial the specific engineering mode code of your phone. This code will be unique for every model, so find it correctly.
- Once the Service mode opens, you need to configure preferred network in MTK settings.
- To do that Select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as the network mode option from the Settings
- That is it everything is set up, just restart your phone
You will see Jio SIM working all fine in your 3G handset.
Using these simple steps, you can now make Reliance Jio work in your 3G mobile phones and enjoy the free services from the company until March 31 2017.