With the increased softwares and all, command prompt may have lost its admirers, but there some of the cool and interesting tricks that everyone can try. Some of us may have an idea of some of the popular DOS commands, but what about the very little known tricks and interesting things that one needs to know about command prompt, here I am going tell you some. Come let us take a look.
• Changing the directory using the cd command in the CMD window might have been just boring and may take time also. There is another easy way to change the directory actually you can directly open the command window in that particular directory you want.
Just go into the particular file or folder you want to open in the command prompt using the windows file explorer. Now just type cmd in the address bar of the window and press enter, That is it the command prompt will be opened with the particular file/folder as its path.
• Pressing tab autocompletes the commands that you would like to enter.
• Arrow keys will help you to navigate through the various commands that you have entered recently in the current session.
• F7 key brings you the list of DOS commands that you have used in that session.
• Copying the contents or output of the DOS commands in the command prompt window is not actually the way we are doing, Right clicking and copying may work, but there is another way to do that. Enter the command to which output you would like to copy followed by the text “ | clip” and press enter. You will not see anything happen but the contents are copied to clipboard and you can paste them wherever you want.
These are thus some of the interesting tricks that one can use while they use the CMD prompt to make it interesting. So, I hope you like them and these might be useful to you.