Many of the computer users may have known the process of creating and storing important data in hidden secret files in windows run computer. But today I am going to take you through the process of creating an invisible folder so that it can help you to store your confidential files in it and make them private and save them from the threat of others.
Here are the steps for creating an invisible folder
- Create a new folder, this can be done usually by right-clicking and then by clicking on the option “New Folder” from the pop-up menu.
- Now after the folder is created, just select it and press F2 button. This option just allows you to edit the name of the folder. You can also do this by right-clicking the selected folder and then clicking on the “Rename” option available in the pop-up menu.
- Delete the text in it and now comes the trickiest part. You just press and hold both the ALT, Fn keys and then type 255 using the Numpad in your keyboard, now release the ALT, Fn keys. Finally press Enter.
- Now you have a nameless folder. To make it invisible go to its properties by right-clicking on the file after it is selected. Then click on Customize tab and then on the “Change Icon” option. There you can find number icons and you also get to see some blank spaces in between. Those are the invisible icons. Select the blank space and apply it by clicking on Apply and then on Ok.
- That is it the process of creating your invisible folder is done.
- And you can store all your confidential files, secret files there and save them from the eyes of others.
If you want to make the folder visible gain, then just go the properties and change the icon. I hope you follow these simple steps and get to know the process of creating an invisible file for storing your confidential files.