Smartphones are getting better day by day. Gone are the days where we used to see smartphones with limited internal storage like 16 GB, 32 GB, but now flagship smartphones start from 64 GB itself. Smartphones with higher storage are very common these days. We don’t care about small things like multiple contacts and photos when we have huge storage in our devices. Managing duplicate contacts isn’t any unknown or difficult task but you can actually get this done in a few simple steps.
Merging/Removing Duplicate Contacts In Your Device
Actually this process have got many ways, but if you are against downloading a third party app, then this procedure which doesn’t involve installation of any third party applications is the best one for you.
- First, you should enable the Gmail contact syncing in your android device to access this feature.
- Now login into your Gmail account and, click Gmail, then from the dropdown option click on contacts.
- It will show up the list of all your contacts.
- Now, here you will find an option Find Duplicates.
- By clicking on it, you will find the list of duplicate contacts in your Gmail, then accordingly you can delete the unwanted ones or else merge them according to your choice.
So, if you are worried about your phone storage wastage, then do try this option.