The most common problem that many of us get to experience in common all the time is the shortcut virus. When we find our files, folders turned into shortcut virus we may obviously be annoyed that we can’t think of any solution immediately to get rid of that situation. Using an anti-virus is obviously not the solution for this as it can be found in anti-virus protected devices as well. So here we provide you an easy and simple procedure using command prompt, just follow these steps
- As a first step, you obviously need to open the command prompt and to do that you can just click on the start button and then choose command prompt or just click Windows + R and then type cmd and press enter
- Now you need to go to the location of your pen drive, so enter the drive it may be e, g or f. so enter the letter in your case and then press enter
- Then type the command ‘del *.Ink’ and then press enter to remove all the link files in the directory
- Now enter the command ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:*.*’, and then press enter ( replace the words drive letter with the letter of your drive
- This shortcut allows you to get rid of the virus and when you open the drive and find your files, all you have to do is just copy and paste them somewhere else and do the formatting of your drive once, after the completion of formatting, you can get the files copied back to your pen drive.
Or you can also choose to use other third-party applications like USBFIX to remove the shortcut virus. But getting rid of that virus using any process is needed, so choose this simple process without any other downloads and all.