The Q1 of 2016 was found to be 14% more vulnerable to the hackers and hijackers. The random distribution of ransomware attacks on the internet have looted many computer users their money and data. The security stats shows that the hackers are more interested in the ransomware rather than the regular trojans.
How does this ransomware spread?
Ransomware appear to be the authentic software to solve your daily computer problems like optimisation, driver update, adware cleaning, threat removal and so on. These ransomware would actually appear flashing on the screen when we are visiting some class of websites like torrent and pirated software downloads.
The ransomware attacks actually happen like backstabbing. You won’t see it coming in which shape and name. Always be conscious while online.
What should you do to keep your data safe from ransomware attacks?
- Never install a software or never get mislead by the fake ads that show the baiting bad status of your computer.
- Install ad blockers on the browser that would stop loading the flashing graphics on the websites.
- Always keep your anti-viruses update with latest virus definitions.
- Keep cleaning the junk on your computer.
- Always turn your firewall on.
- Do frequent virus scans.
- Do not look out for pirated software.
- Be careful while downloading torrents.
- Keep monitoring the usage stats of your internet speed.
- Ransomware will not spread under the mat. They will act like authentic software initially.
- Lookup for software’s reputation before installing on your computer.
- Keep your important data synched to the cloud storage frequently.
and much more if you could.
Hope that helps!