Reliance Jio is the best mobile connection in current times, no doubt about it. But in the preview offer the company throttling the maximum speed by locking the LTE network to Band 3 which provides low speed. By following this guide, you can increase your Reliance Jio speed drastically, and I attached screen shots of my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ phone also as the proof.
What is LTE Band?
LTE networks work on various frequency bands. 700 Mhz frequency considered as the Band 17, 800 Mhz is Band 20, 850 Mhz is band 5, 1800 Mhz is band 3, and 2300 Mhz is band 40, like that there is various frequency band numbers for each frequency.
At present in India, Airtel, Jio, and Vodafone are the only operators providing LTE connections. Each operator supports certain bands. For example, Airtel supports band 40 Vodafone band 3 and in the case of Reliance Jio, it supports band 3, 5 and Band 40.
Which bands are better for what?
At present, Reliance Jio is only working as Preview offer. So it works differently on different bands.
Band 40 on Reliance Jio offers better speed while the Band 3 & Band 5 offers great coverage. The implementation lasts until the commercial launch. Later all the restrictions will be removed.
Band 40 gives up to 50 Mbps download speed depending on the signal & network quality, while the Band 3 gives only +-18 Mbps speed. So changing the frequency band helps you to get more speed.
How to Change Reliance Jio LTE Frequency Band?
If your phone belongs to Qualcomm chipset, then download Shortcut Master (Lite) app from the Google Play Store. Most of the phones nowadays running on Qualcomm chipset. Once you have downloaded the app, follow this:
1. Open the app
2. Open menu and select the option “Secret
3. It will take the time to populate all the secret codes supported by your phone.
4. Now Select 2263 from the list of codes, and press Launch 0. Depending on the phone model you use, the secret code may vary, so you need to know the band selection secret code for your phone model before proceed.
5. Now selection “Band Selection” from the Service Mode screen
6. Later in the Band selection screen, select “LTE” and select LTE_40 from the list instead of LTE_3. Now restart your phone. You can notice increased download speed.
If you are using MediaTek chipset based phone, download MTK Engineering Mode app from the Google Play Store & select MTK Settings>BandMode>LTE mode and finally select the Band 40.