Smartphones have almost replaced the computers. Not all but at least many people are relying on smartphones for many of their activities. Applications are the most common among the smart phones users these days.
One may have a lot of applications on his/ her phone as per their taste, work, desire and habits and many more. But the most annoying thing is they run in the background by reducing our data balance and battery.
Many people often depend a lot on the third party platforms to save their data and battery. But the android operating system itself has inbuilt features that many don’t know. And here in this piece of article I am going to tell you how to change your WiFi network settings and restrict apps to save background data.
Restricting mobile data in the background is pretty easy and I even mentioned it in my earlier article. So here I am going to tell about how to apps from using WiFi data in the background.
Sometimes, we may find it pretty annoying as we switch on the WiFi every application start to receive and load new messages, posts, if you use WiFi at your home and rely on it for accessing internet from your mobile, why let all your data from the WiFi ruin like that.
We can actually restrict apps from running in the background even when we are on WiFi network. Yes and that too without having to download any third party applications and here is the process.
Restricting background data in WiFi Network:
- Connect to the Wifi Network for which you would like to restrict the background data.
- Under the settings in your phone, you have to go to the “Data usage”.
- There you can find the three dotted icon on the upper right hand corner, click on it to find the “Network Restrictions” and click on it.
- And here you may find the name of your WiFi Network and enable it to make it a metered connection.
And now you just have to restrict the particular applications that you don’t want to use data in the background. To do that you need to follow the following steps.
- Under Settings>Data Usage>now select the particular app and then you can find the option “restrict background data”, just enable it.
And that’s it, you are done, now you can just the particular application that you want and no annoying messages, posts will bother you when you switch on your WiFi network, and this can even help you to save your data.