Customizations are the best part of the Android device. The default actions of the Android home button in the Android device are always not as needed or as wanted. Here is how you can customize the home button with the help of these simple steps.
For an operating system touted as being highly customizable, its a mystery why more manufacturers don’t let you program the (physical) Home button. Of course, one tap always takes you to the home screen, but long-pressing and double-tapping are often programmed to take you to places like the multitasker or a voice assistant.
Today we will show you how to use a free app called Home2 Shortcut to choose the action that happens when you double-press the physical Home button on your Android device.
Customize Android Home Button
- The home2 shortcut is the Android application available to download for free from the Google play store using which you can program the home button on your device for different actions
- When you open the application after downloading and installing it. You will be asked to choose an application that you would like to launch on the double tap action of the button
- You just have to tap choose an application option on the start screen. Then choose the application from the list
- Then select the interval time for the double tap action
- Now it will ask you to select your home application, just select your preferred default android launcher
- Then when you press the home button a prompt will ask you to select the launcher that you wish to use, select Home2 shortcut and press always
That is it, you are done with the setup. Now, you can you use the double press or double tap the Android home button to open the particular application that you have set up.