One of the most useful and interesting features of Android O is definitely the notification dots on the applications. The notification from an application will be denoted in the form of a dot on its icon. These dots can act as a reminder for you. But the sad part is that the Android O is only available for Pixel devices as of now. So, if you don’t have one, you will be using the old Android versions and those doesn’t support this awesome feature. But don’t worry here is a simple process using which you can have the notification dots feature on your Android device.
- Install Nova Launcher Prime which is one of the best third party launcher applications available in the Google Play store. It is the paid version of the application that has brought this feature in
- Now you have to become the beta tester of this Nova launcher application as this notification dots feature is still in the testing stage
Doing that is simple, just go to the Nova Launcher Beta’s Playstore page and login into your Google account and finally click the become a tester button.
- Then you will get an update, just download and install it
- Now, after you do this, make Nova launcher the default launcher in your Android device
- Now go to Settings>Notification Badges> Dots, which will enable the feature on your device.
- It even lets you customise the size and position of the dot which you can choose as per your choice.
Nova launcher, thus makes the Android users of older versions satisfied by introducing this feature on their app.