Every time we browse the internet the websites leave some cached data on our computers. They will be for tracking, for availing the quick access to the websites and the sites also store the history of our searches. All these kinds of data may cause a threat to your privacy. So, if you care about your privacy and wish to save it, then you must know about these simple steps for clearing your browser history. Here we present you the process you need to follow for some of the popular browsers.
Clearing Browser History:
If you are using Google Chrome to surf online, then follow these simple and quick steps to clear your browser history.
- Click on the three dot icon on the top right corner of the browser window and then click on more tools and then on clear browsing data or else you also use the shortcut Shift + Ctrl + Del to open the window
- Then you can just simply hit on the clear browsing data icon and make sure the passwords and browser history options are not checked as deleting such important data may put you in troubles
- And in the content settings option that you can find the privacy and security settings, it will be just above the clear browsing data option
- Thereafter clicking on the content settings option, click on cookies option and turn on the keep local data only until you quit your browser
- Under the clear on exit option, you can add individual sites which you wish to clear data on quitting the browser
- Use the shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + Del to open the clear recent history window
- You can select the time range to clear the browsing data of your browser by selecting the time range and then clicking on the clear now option
And if you want the browser data to clear every time you exit the browser, here are the steps
- Open the Firefox browser menu by clicking on the hamburger icon on the top right corner of the browser
- Then select options got to privacy and navigate to History
- There you can either choose the option never remember history or you can also set up custom settings
- Open the Delete browsing history window by using the keyboard shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + Del
- Make the preserve favorite websites data is checked and then click on the delete option
And here is how you can set browsing data to delete automatically
- Go to Internet Options by clicking on the tools option of your browser window
- Then head to general tab
- Under browsing history check the option delete browsing data on exit
That is it, you are set to stay away from junk and privacy threats.