Copy and paste was first introduced as a simple feature for copying texts from one page to another page by Larry Tesler. Infact this simple innovation changed the way we use our computers. With the advancement of technology, our app developers are coming up with new inventions and one such a recent innovation by a Paris based designer is a unique app that allows users to copy real world objects and paste them onto a computer using Augmented Reality (AR). Here is how you can do it on your android device.
Steps To Copy And Paste Real-World Objects
- To begin with, you need to get the application ClipDrop for Android downloaded and installed on your device
- Then open the application, here select the ‘Clip’ option from the bottom mode bar
- Now point your smartphone’s camera towards the object or subject that you wish to copy in AR and then tap on the screen to capture it
- Now give the app some time to detect the object and separate it from the background. It will even convert the object into an AR model
- Now to paste this copied subject onto your PC, you need to have ClipDrop for Windows/Mac downloaded and installed on your Windows computer. ClipDrop is available for Mac as well. So, don’t bother about which OS you are running on, just get the app installed
- Now with the copied object on your smartphone, just point your smartphone towards your PC or Mac with the ClipDrop app opened in it
- Finally, tap on the drop button present at the bottom of the screen to paste the AR model on your computer screen
Note: One important thing to be noted is that both your computer and smartphone should be connected to the same network to copy and paste real world objects using ClipDrop.
Pretty interesting! Isn’t it? Do try this and let us know your thoughts.