USB drives also known as pen drives are portable storage tools that are mostly used by people for transferring or storing their data. But these pen drives aren’t any exclusion and are actually prone to a damage of data due to various reasons. If you have got some really important data on the corrupted USB drive, then for retrieving it also, you need to figure out the reason, which is highly tough. So, relying on third-party applications is the best thing, you can do.
While there are various methods, here we list you the best method that you can try to get the files back.
Assigning A New Drive Letter To The Corrupted USB Drive
If you ever face an issue with your USB drive like unable to detect it, then you can actually try by assigning a new letter to the storage drive.
Here is how you can do it.
- You need to insert your USB stick on your computer or laptop whichever you are using
- Now, right click on My Computer and then from the drop-down menu, click the option Manage
- Here, you will be redirected to the computer management panel, find disk management here
- Then right-click on it and there click on the option Change drive letters and paths
- Then you will get to see the option to assign new letters. All you got to do is just select the required letter from the drop-down menu and tap on ok
That is it, you are now done with assigning new letter to your corrupted USB drive, now you may be able to detect the drive. Reinsert your drive and check.
Note: This is just one of the many methods and if it doesn’t work for you, that doesn’t mean you cannot get the data back, you can try other methods.