The Android 8.0 operating system has started rolling out to the various devices. This latest version of the Android brings in a lot of interesting and cool features. And the most interestingly attractive and cool feature is the Picture in Picture mode. This mode lets the users use various video calling apps like Duo, and video apps like YouTube even other apps like Google maps in a floating window while they multitask easily. This feature comes really handy for the YouTube video lovers but sadly YouTube will ask for a YouTube Red subscription to use this feature.
Well, don’t worry, there is a way using which you can get this feature enabled on your device running in Android O but don’t have the YouTube Red subscription.
Before stepping into the process, you must have the Custom Navigation Bar installed on your device. And you need to have the ADB drivers installed in your PC. And finally, the USB debugging option must be enabled on your Android device.
- Connect your phone to your computer and open the command prompt, and execute the command adb devices
- You need to grant the permissions in your phone if it ask for any
- Once your device has the ADB access, open the Custom Navigation Bar app on your phone and tap on Get started
- Then to grant a certain permission on your device, execute the following commands
- adb shell
- pm grant xyz.paphonb.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- Then you can observe the grant permission page turn into green from yellow, this is a signal that you can proceed further
- Tap on start and then you must see an arrow icon which indicates that your device is compatible if you see it, click it
- Then you enter the app, click on the Navigation bar option, scroll down and click on the option ‘type’. You will see this option under extra left button, extra right button, tap on any of the type options and then select keycode
- Then select keycode and tap on window
- Then tap on Icon and select any icon that you like
That is it you are now completely done with setting up and you can now be able to play any YouTube video in PIP mode. You can see an additional button on your navigation bar, just click on it while playing the YouTube video to enable PIP mode.