WhatsApp which is undoubtedly the most used messaging application with about 1.2 billion people worldwide using it. Probably it is the first smartphone android application that every user downloads immediately after purchasing a new smartphone. It has become the means of texting all over these days and it even replaced the word texting.
But for some people who don’t know how to properly and completely use the application, this can be quite an annoying application automatically downloaded media filling up the device memory and exhausting the data. Don’t worry, here is how you can stop the media from automatically downloading.
- Open the WhatsApp application
- Now from the chats page, click on the three-dot icon which you can find on the top right corner of the screen
- Then from the drop down menu select Settings
- You will be then headed to the settings page, here click on Chat
- Then tap on the Media download option
- Here you can see three options as when using mobile data, when using WiFi and when roaming
- Just tap on each option at a time and then uncheck the three options available there which are Images, Audio and video
So, now you are done and from now on, you will have to download the media before you can see it. However, WhatsApp automatically downloads the audio messages and you can’t stop that. Save your device memory and data by making these changes in your WhatsApp.