We are very much used to the interface of the Windows and even it has very user-friendly options that everyone can easily get used to. Opening files/folders on our PCs and laptops has been done by us very casually and some unintentionally as well. Have you ever thought how much easier it would have been if the task of opening the files or folders happens with just a single click? Yes, it can be, and all you have to is changing a simple setting in your system. Follow the simple steps below
- Open the File Explorer on your computer and navigate to File> Change Folder and search options
- In the new tab, click on the General tab
- Navigate to the Click items as follows section
- Then just mark the checkbox with the option single click to open an item
- And below that option make sure to mark the Underline icon titles only when I point at them checkbox
- When you are done, just click on save
And if you ever want to you can also revert back to the double click option again.
If you are thinking about switching to the single click option as you are very much used to the double click thing, then you have another option using which you can speed up the response time to double click and make the files/folders a bit faster. And the process to do that is pretty easy. Just head to Settings> Devices> Mouse> Additional Mouse Options> Double Speed. Here adjust the slider accordingly and apply the changes.
Thus you can either speed up the traditional double-click option or can also replace it with the single click option in your Windows run desktop PCs and laptops.