The practice of sharing files over the internet has been around since a long ago. Many of us make use of various different kinds of apps and cloud based services for sharing data online with our near and dear ones. But there is always a security threat for the files that have been sent over the internet, this insecurity of the users had made Firefox think a bit and develop Firefox Send which offers you a secure and easy way for transferring files over the internet. It is a tool that is available for the users to use for free.
This brilliant and interesting tool from Firefox is a free self-destructive file sharing service launched by Mozilla. The data that is being transferred over this tool is encrypted. Here are the simple steps that you need to follow if you wish to send files over the internet easily.
- First, you have to go to the Firefox send portal from your browser
- Then you just have to click on the option Select a file on your computer which will open your library window
- Now just browse through the Library and select the files that you wish to send over the tool and click on Open
- As the Firefox Send tool will start uploading the file to its servers, you can just simply sit back and relax
- As soon as the upload process is done, you can find a shareable URL which you can simply copy and share with someone you wish to share the file with
- Or else you can also choose to click the option Delete file if you wish to delete it
- They can simply copy and paste the URL into their browser and click the option download to download it
- The files uploaded to the Firefox servers will automatically be deleted after 24 hours or immediately after the users download them whichever is earlier
Use this free service to send files that are self-destructive in nature.