If you are aware of the new Floating Bubble feature that Google has recently rolled out exclusively for its very own Pixel and Nexus series, you might want it on your device too. But if you are not, don’t mind I will let you know what it is and how to get it on your Android device.
The Google Dialer in Pixel and Nexus devices has got a new update called the Floating bubble which basically allows the users to make the different call actions without being on the call screen. A Facebook Messenger kind of a chat head will be seen as soon as the users exit the call screen which can be moved all over the borders of the screen. Users can tap it to find three options which are speaker mode, mute the call, end the call.
Let us now look at the process of getting this feature in our Android devices
Note: Your device needs to be rooted for this process
- Download and install the Google Phone APK
- In the next step, you have to set this Google Phone app as your default phone app. You can do that by going to Settings>Apps. Then tap on the gear icon which you can find on the top right corner of your device’s screen. A new app configuration screen will appear, select option Phone App and then tap on the app that you just installed. It will have a navy blue icon
- Now head to /data/data/com.google.android.dialer/shared_prefs using any root file explorer of your choice and then tap dialer_phenotype_flags.xml to edit
- Once the file is opened, search for the string G_enable_return_to_call_bubble, change the value set from false to true, save the file and exit
- Now head back to Settings>Apps>Phone App> then tap on Force Stop
- Then open the app to reload it in the system memory
That is it, you are done with the process, you can experience the floating bubble feature in the Google Dialer the next time you make a call or receive a call.