Organizing your mail inbox is one of the grossest things that you can think of. If you have OCD like me then you must be visiting your inbox very often each and every day and all you do is deleted unwanted emails from your mailbox, clear them and delete them from the trash bin as well. What if you would be able to block emails from certain email ids that you wish. Sounds great right. It will not even need much of your hard work for deleting and organizing your mailbox as you won’t be receiving unwanted emails once you block them. So, try this and stay organized with any stress.
As Gmail is the most popularly used mailing services all over the world, we are considering Gmail as the mailing service here and let you know the process to block emails in Gmail.
Here Is How You Can Block Emails/Block Sender
- As a first and the very basic step login to your Gmail account by logging in using your Google account credentials
- Then you will be headed to your Gmail Inbox
- Now open the email from the business, particular email id or a person that you wish to block
- Now click on the down arrow next to the email sender’s name or address
- Then click on block option
And if you have blocked someone important accidentally or unintentionally, then don’t freak out, it is simple to unblock as well, here is what you should do.
- Head to the Gmail settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen and then selecting settings from the menu
- Now head to filters and blocked addresses tab
- Scroll to the option The following email addresses are blocked. Messages from these addresses will appear in Spam
- Now select the email address from the list which you wish to unblock
- Then click on unblock selected addresses option
You can thus very simply block emails from unwanted email ids, senders and businesses and keep your inbox clean.