Sometimes the forwarding emails feature comes to our rescue making our data most easily available. Taking the backup of the Gmail data each and every day may not be a possible task and it may seem a Hercules task. So, if you are one such a person who wishes to make the best use of this auto-forward emails feature, then here are a few simple steps that you need to go through to set it up in your Gmail account. So, here we go
Setting Up Auto Forward Emails
Mail forwarding is one of the lesser utilized brilliant features. It can be utilized in various useful ways and the current process which is the auto-forward mails for mails backup is one of them.
- You need to set up the mail forwarding as a first step by going to your Gmail Settings> Forwarding and POP/IMAP and then click on the ‘Add a forwarding address’ option
- Then when you enter the email address, it will send you a confirmation email which needs to be confirmed
- You can also set up filters for the forwarding emails if you wish. This filter feature allows you to forward emails with a specific subject line or emails from a particular sender
- You can create a filter by going to the Gmail Settings and then click on the Filters and Blocked Addresses and then finally click on the create filter option
- The next and the final most step is selecting the emails that you wish to forward the emails to. You should make sure that the forward it option is checked and select the email address from the drop-down menu
The Gmail mail forwarding feature setup wants you to do this process each and every time to forward emails which is the only bad thing about this process. But this can be a great way to save or backup your mail data.