You might want to get rid of your Gmail account sometimes, what you do then, just stopping logging into it will not be the solution. But many choose that option and will stop using it if they wish to delete it.
Here are some simple steps that you need to follow to delete your Google account.
- As a first step just log on into your Gmail account that you wish to delete and then go to My account page of your account by clicking on the account icon and then clicking on the My Account option
- Then click on delete your account or services under accounts and preferences
- Click on delete products, then it will ask for your account password and enter the password
- Then click on download data option to get all your Google account data downloaded
- The data you can download from your account include map data, Google drive files, Google photo bookmarks, contacts, more
- You have to make selection of products that you wish to download the data from
- Choose the format of the file to be downloaded and you also choose to download all the files in one single large file or else split it into small files
- Choose the delivery method of the archived files and then click on create archive
- Then again click on the delete your accounts or services under accounts and preferences and then click on delete products
- Then hit the trash icon beside the Gmail icon
- And confirm your password and enter the verification code and hit on delete Gmail
If you wish to delete the Google account, then
- Go to your accounts and preferences and then click on delete your accounts and services, then click on delete Google account and data and confirm your password, then check the checkboxes and hit on delete account
Get rid of unwanted and unused Gmail and Google accounts using these simple steps.