Google assistant is the major highlight among Google’s latest flagship phones launched in 2016 which are the Google Pixel and Pixel XL. This new AI-powered virtual assistant from Google is a great hit. The assistant has excellent recognition skills and it answers almost everything. This beats Siri and even other assistant in various other platforms. This Google assistant is not available any other android phones except the Pixel devices even on the devices running on android Nougat. While the rooted android devices running on android Nougat can get this assistant, and now the users of android devices with android Lollipop or higher can get the assistant officially.
Google alpha is the new version of the Google search app released by Google. This app brings a huge range of features along with the assistant in the non-pixel devices.
For this one needs to first download and install the Google search alpha app by following the steps below.
- Download the app Google app 184.108.40.206 alpha from the website APKMirror.
- Now under Settings go to Security and then enable Unknown sources, this allows the user to install the downloaded APK files.
- Then install the Google app 220.127.116.11 alpha app on your device.
Launch and setup Google assistant:
Once the app is installed just follow these steps below to setup the assistant on your device.
- Press and hold the “home button” on your device. Then you should get to see a screen that says “New! You just got Google assistant”. Tap on the continue button.
- Then the assistant will tell you how to ask questions and also ask for required permissions. Finally tap “Yes I am in”.
- Goggle will then launch the assistant in your device and it will take you through some basics of using it.
Using these simple steps you can now get the assistant on you android phone with the help of the Google alpha app.