Every one wishes to know where their family or friends are. There is an open source web application for all those people who wish that which is called the My Contacts. It helps you understand and see the current location of your contacts by visualizing your Google contacts in the Google Maps. It works by reading the addresses of your contacts on your Google contacts app and places them on a Google Map with the help of a simple Google script.
All it takes is a very simple and easy process to turn your contacts into a map.
- You need to open the Maps web app and authorize it by logging in with your Google account
- Authorization is compulsory as it needs to read the addresses of your contacts, it also requires access to your Google Drive as it saves the longitude and latitude of the addresses in a Google sheet
- After you are done with authorizing, you will directed to a page where you just have to click on the Fetch contacts option under the first step
- Then click on the Gecode addresses under the second step
- Then finally to see your contacts in your map, just click on open Google map
Thus, Maps web app can help you in locating your contacts on the map.