Recent reports surfaced news that indicates Google is preparing to launch Google Duo on Android TV. It is well known that the rollout of new features from Google will take time and the users need to be a bit patient for the features to arrive. Rather than waiting for the features to roll out, here are the steps involved for installing Google Duo to Android TV.
Installing Google Duo To Android TV
- First, you need to download the latest Google Duo APK file.
- After downloading the APK file, transfer the file to your Android TV. You can use the option send files to the TV app.
- Then you will also need Solid Explorer installed on your Android TV. Then open it and navigate to the “Downloads” folder and you will find the Google Duo APK file. Open it and select the “Package Installer” option.
- Now, you can directly install the APK file and Google Duo will be installed on your Android TV without any issue. Then, you can open it.
- But one thing to remember is that Google Duo even after installing in your TV doesn’t show up under the Installed Apps. So, in such a case, you need to navigate to Settings -> Apps -> See all apps -> Duo and open it manually from there. If Duo is not available there then look under System Apps.
- Google Duo will open in an Android TV-like interface that supports selected elements, contacts, and search functionality.
- You have successfully installed Google Duo on Android TV, but you need one more thing to place a call. You need a webcam connected to your Android TV. Make sure the webcam has a built-in microphone.
That is how you install Google Duo on your Android device, if you are worried about the incoming Google Duo calls on your TV, then worry not it won’t show up incoming calls or notifications.