Protected view feature is the most well-secured feature incorporated inside Microsoft Word which helps in preventing from being attacked by any virus, malware that may be retained in the documents. This feature is specially made and designed keeping in mind the security of the device of the users and protecting their devices from virus and malware attacks. The protected view gets activated every time the users download the document. This feature just works fine and alike the normal mode, but if the users wish to enter edit mode, then just a few more clicks are required. This feature works just fine for all the users who bother about their security and safety, but for those people who feel annoyed to go through a few more extra steps for entering the edit mode while their document is in protected mode.
Stop worrying if you are also among the list of those people who don’t wish to go through those extra steps. Here is the simple process using which you can simply disable the protected mode in the Microsoft Word document.
Note: This process of disabling the protected view in a Word document is explained as per the settings of the latest Word software, so settings may vary if you are using an older version of Word
Disabling Protected View
- First, you need to open the software MS Word, then choose a blank page and create a new document
- The new document, just click on the file menu and then on the left side bar, click ‘Options’ option at the bottom
- Now the Options windows will be opened where you need to click on the Trust Center option from the left side bar of the window
- Then a new window of the Trust Center will be opened where you need to click on the Protected View option from the left side bar, there you can find a few options regarding the protected mode of the Word
- Uncheck all the options you see there which are related to the protected mode and then click ok which will disable the feature in the Word document
You can check all the boxes back if you ever wish to get back that feature enabled