QR code is for convenience as it allows you to do a task by just scanning. You might need this QR code for many reasons, you may want to share your Wi-Fi network with your friends. Android allows you to generate QR code for certain things in just a few simple steps.
We have come across a feature on Google Chrome that allows you to generate a QR code for URL of any website that you may wish to share.
Generating QR Code For URL
- As a first thing, you may need to the Google Play Store and update the Google Chrome browser application to the latest available version
- Once you are done with the process of updating, just head to chrome://flags
- Now, on the flags page, search for ‘sharing hub’ enable the #chrome-sharing-hub flag
- Here, search for QR Code on the same page and enable #chrome-share-qr-code flag
- Once you are done enabling the option, tap on the option relaunch to apply the changes
- Now open a new tab in the Google Chrome browser and here, open the website that you wish to create a QR code for
- Next you need to tap on the address bar and as you can see a share icon over there, tap on it
- Now, the share menu will pop-up, simply tap on the QR code option to generate the code
- Once the code is generated, you can send it to your friends via any social media platforms or messaging apps
- The other person can use the Google Lens app or default camera app to scan the QR code, the code will redirect them to the website
It is that simple, this is how you can generate a QR code for any website you like.