Google Chrome is without any doubt can be said as the most popular browser as it is the most widely used browser on the internet. It has attracted the users with its cool features and is available for almost all the platforms and operating systems.
But the one complaint that every Chrome user is tired of is the high amounts of RAM usage by the browser that results in the slow working of the device. Here is a fix for all the Chrome users that they can try by following the simple steps below.
- Not many people know the fact that Google Chrome itself has a task manager built-in in it
- It handles the processes that are currently running in the browser
- You can access the Chrome’s task manager by simply Shift + Esc keys and it will show you the list of all the currently running processes and you can end the processes to limit the RAM usage
If you can’t end the processes each and every time and wish to try something else, then here is another simple process for you.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags/#enable-tab-discarding in the address bar and click on enter
- Then navigate to the option Automatic tab discarding and enable it
- This option disables the tabs that the users haven’t used in a while and thus limiting the RAM usage
You can thus make the most use of your RAM space either by ending the processes in your Chrome’s task manager or enabling the tab discarding option.