Screencasting is a pretty simple process as you just need to have a tool and hit the record button. There are a lot of software programs available that can be downloaded for free from the internet with which you can record your deice’s screen and later upload them to YouTube or share them with your friends. For doing this you need to have a software on your computer, while there are many useful tools available for free, there is another pretty simple way for screen recording your device’s screen is using the most popular video-sharing website YouTube. Yes, you can capture your device’s screen easily using YouTube.
Screen recording Your Desktop Screen Using YouTube
All you need for this is a web browser and a YouTube account. Here is the step by step process to do that
- Sign in to your YouTube using your Google account.
- Click the upload icon which you can find on the upper right corner of the screen and then click on Live streaming and go to events option there
- Now just click on the new live event button there
- You will then be directed to the create event page where you need to enter the title for your screen recording video
- Set the privacy to either private or unlisted and then click on Go live now button
- Then hangouts on air page will be opened, turn off the webcam and microphone by clicking on the camera button on the right corner of the pop-up window. Also, toggle the microphone button if you don’t want to record the audio
- Then on the left side of the window, you can find the screen share option. Just click on that and select the window that you wish to record the screen of. Or you can also select the entire window if you wish to record the entire screen window
- Click on the start screen share button. Then on the start broadcast button which will start recording the screen of the window that you have selected. As this is a private session no one can see while you record it.
- When you are done, just click on the stop broadcast button on the bottom. Then head to the YouTube dashboard where you can find the saved recording
- You can see the saved screencast which you can share with your friends and all by downloading it to your Google drive.
All your recorded videos will be saved to your YouTube dashboard which you can download and share with the world