Facebook Messenger, the messaging application from the social networking giant is now end to end encrypted after the recent release of its new update rolling on the android devices.
With this new feature in Facebook messenger, all your messages you wish will be now end to end encrypted which means they will not be accessible or read by the any other third party.
You can chat secretly with your friends and family which will stay secret and will never be and cannot be seen by any other third person.
But this secret chats feature in Messenger still have some limitations and one needs to know some points about it first which I am going to tell you here
- We have manually enable the end to end encryption feature for every conversation that wish to be encrypted.
- The other person with whom you wish to start this secret chat should also have the latest updated version of the application downloaded in their device.
- This encryption is not available for group chats.
- We can only access secret conversations from the device we started them.
- Secret conversation doesn’t support sending videos, GIFs.
If you wish to switch to this end to end encrypted chat with your friend, you just need to tap on the new conversation button and then tap on secret and then add the person you wish to start the secret chat with. Or you can just toggle the switch on the top right corner of your screen before selecting a contact.
If you wish to enable secret conversation for an ongoing chat in your Facebook Messenger just click on that conversation and then click on secret conversation to enable it.