WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging applications. It makes communication simple, that’s it. However, it can be somewhat annoying that in order to message someone, you always have to first add that person in your address book, but there are so many occasions where you just want to send WhatsApp text someone and communicate for a couple of messages and nothing else. In such cases, adding the person’s contact in your phone and then texting them would be a long process. To help you resolve this issue, we’ll show you how to send messages through WhatsApp without having to add the contact to your address book.
Steps to send WhatsApp text without adding the number in contacts
- As a first step, you need to open the browser on your smartphone. (You can also do this from your PC, but then you will need to connect the WhatsApp web using the scanner in your WhatsApp mobile application.)
- Then type the following link in the search bar: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=XXXXXXXXXXX (Replace the Xs with the phone number of the person you would like to text, include the country code, but without the + sign.)
- That means that if the person has an American number (with the +1 prefix), it would look something like this: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=19175550123
- Now press ‘enter‘.
- A WhatsApp window will open asking if you want to send a message to that phone number. Press on ‘send message‘.
- You will automatically be redirected to WhatsApp with the ‘start chatting‘ window to the person you entered on your phone.
So, from now, if you want to send WhatsApp text to someone, then you can follow this process. Thank us later.