Google’s highly known video calling application Google Duo needs no introduction. Even though it is a less used video calling application compared to other popular video calling apps like Messenger, WhatsApp, it doesn’t lack powerful features. In fact, it is embedded with every feature that you would look for in a video calling application. It is not just a video calling app, it even allows you to share your screen to the people over the call to let them know what is happening on your phone. One thing to be noted is that the app’s screen share feature is available on all smartphones that are run on Android 8 or above.
Steps To Share Android Screen With Others
- As a first step, you just need to head to the Google Play Store and update the Google Duo app to the latest version
- Once you are done with updating the application, now it is time to open the app on your device
- Now, you need to choose the person to whom you wish to video call
- Then tap on the video call option to start the call
- Once the call started, you will find a few options on the bottom of the screen. Tap on the button that has three stars in it
- Now, you will get a list of options popped up, there you can find ‘Screen Share’, select it
- A confirmation message will now pop-up, now simply tap on Start Now button to begin the screen casting
- On the next screen, you can set and choose to share the audio from the apps on your device. So, as per your wish, either choose Don’t Share or Share Audio
- You will see a red cast button on the status bar as you begin casting your screen
- To stop screen sharing, open the video call screen and tap on Screen Share button again
That is it, now you are done with the setup. This is how you can share your screen using Google Duo.