Google assistant itself is a pretty powerful application that can help you with many things. Integrating third party applications to your Google Assistant has been a pretty task. With the recent update, you can now easily invoke in app actions to the Google Assistant. You can now easily do some actions in third party apps like Instagram, WhatsApp with the help of the shortcuts that you have created.
Add Third Party App Shortcuts To Google Assistant
- Firstly, open the Google application and head to the ‘More’ option that can be found at the bottom of the bar. Now navigate to Settings > Navigation bar
- Then tap on ‘Services’ tab and open ‘Shortcuts’
- Here on the next screen, you will find all the third party applications listed that are supported on your phone by Google Assistant
- The shortcuts are made available there according to the applications that you have installed on your device
- Now tap on + to add your favourites, then you will see a confirmation message from Google Assistant
- ‘Your Shortcuts’ tab will show you all the third-party application shortcuts on your device
- Now you can directly go ahead to Google assistant and use your voice commands to get the tasks done with the instructions
- You don’t really have to use the same phrases listed there, but similar words in different alignment will also work
- Just say something similar to the Google command and it will process correctly
This is how you can add and run third party apps to Google assistant easily.