Google Photos has always been the ultimate choice for saving photos on our android devices. This Google-powered service creates an automatic backup of all your photos on its server. So, now that we all share photos on Facebook, have you ever thought about moving your Facebook pictures to Google Photos? If you have that thought but don’t know what to do, then you are in the right place. Follow these below steps to set up and transfer photos from Facebook to your Google Photos application.
Steps To Transfer Photos From Facebook To Google Photos
- First, you need to open the Facebook app on your android phone.
- Then tap the three lines on the top navigation bar.
- Next, scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Download Your Information.
- Tap Deselect All.
- Tap Photos and Videos so that it’s the only option with a checkmark next to it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Tap Medium under the Media Quality option.
- Tap High to get the highest-quality download of your files.
- Tap create file
After setting this up, now you have to wait for Facebook to process your download request. It won’t take too long, and once your file is ready, you’ll get be notified through an email.
Once your file is ready to be downloaded, here’s what you need to do:
- Tap Download next to your file.
- Enter your Facebook password and tap on Continue.
Now, it’s time to sit back and wait for your photos to download.
- Open the Files app on your phone.
- Tap the Facebook file (in this case, it’s the one titled “facebook-joemaring”).
- Tap photos_and_videos.
- Tap on the three dots on the top right of the screen.
- Then click on Extract to…
- Now click Extract.
Once the extracting is done,
- Open Google Photos on your phone.
- Tap the three lines at the top-left of the screen.
- Tap one of the new albums from Facebook.
- Tap the Backup & sync toggle.
That is it. The steps and the process may look lengthy but it is actually the easiest way to get the Facebook photos to Google Photos app.