The most generally used forms for transferring files between android devices and PC/laptops are Bluetooth and USB cables. USB cable supports a very high speed data transferring for its users, but sometimes, it’s kind of annoying to reach out for the cable every time. But have you ever thought of transferring files over WiFi, which has become almost a part of our lives and our source for the internet? But it has actually possible to do in a very hassle free way with the help of a simple Android app called AirDroid.
It is an application that can be used to transfer files from android devices via PC’s web browser. It can be used for both sending and receiving files between android devices and PCs. This application needs no driver installation, no USB cable.
- First, you need to download and install the AirDroid Android application from the Google playstore in your Android device
- Then launch the application and it will start the AirDroid server
- You can see Web URL, IP Address, Scan QR code options
- Now from your PC, you should visit the Web Interface of the application
- Simply scan the QR code displayed on your PC’s screen using your smartphone, by tapping on the scan QR code option in the Android app
- Once you are connected you can see the model of your Android device on your PC’s screen
- Then you can start sending and receiving the files in both your devices.
- On your PC, click on the file tab from the app’s tool box, then select the files that you wish to send and click on upload
- To download files on your PC, you just to have open the web interface and select the files, right click on them and select the download option
WiFi can be thus a very powerful and easy to use medium for transferring the files, folders between your devices.