Notifications were a huge problem until a year ago. It used to be too much clutter and unmanageable to the end user. With the new update released to the messaging application, the users can now customize WhatsApp notifications based on individual contacts with custom time and notification tone.
Let us now learn the simple steps involved in making or setting up custom notifications in your Android device.
- Open the Settings section in your Android device and tap on Apps and Notifications. Here, look for WhatsApp application and open it.
- Next, tap on App notifications to get all the customization options. Here, you can go ahead and disable any type of notification you don’t want to receive.
- Along with that, you can also manage notifications more intricately. You can tap on Group notifications and set your preferences for group chat notifications.
- Based on your choice, you will get notifications either with sound, no sound or just no disturbance. If you choose “urgent” then both sound and a pop-up message will alert you. You can also customize other options like notification dot, message on the lock screen.
- Similarly, for individual chats, you can customize the notification by tapping on Message notifications. Here, choose the importance level and sound. You can go through other options as well.
In this way, you can personalize your WhatsApp notifications and save time from checking unnecessary messages. WhatsApp is used by almost everyone so there is a deluge of information being forwarded from one contact to another. Also, you can mute the notification for contacts which constantly send you unsolicited messages or customize notification for contacts which are important to you. Over all, you should definitely make changes to your notification settings so that you remain disturbed.