WhatsApp is a highly popular instant messaging application that offers a greater number of features than any other messaging application for mobile phones. You might be very much aware that the application occupies a lot much of space on your device. There are people who always keep a look on the WhatsApp folder in the phone’s gallery. Manually managing the storage in some way that you can choose to clear all the unwanted stuff on your device, but what if you find a better way to manage the files stored within the application itself.
WhatsApp’s Storage Management Tool
- As a first thing, you need to open the WhatsApp application on your device, then tap on the three-dot icon on the top right corner of the application window. Then tap on Settings
- Then you will be redirected to the settings page, after which you need to select the Storage and data option
- On the next page, tap the option Manage Storage
- Now you will find the storage management feature of WhatsApp that has been introduced recently
- Now scroll down and select a contact. It will show you all the media files from your chat with that particular contact
- The app provides you various options which allows you to either clean away all the items at once or choose to delete selected items
- You can also have a preview of the items before deleting them
That’s it. You are now done with the setup. This is how you can use the all new storage management feature of WhatsApp.