You might be having a smart home or a Wi-Fi enabled device at your home. But the one thing that irritates everyone with a smart TV is definitely the onscreen keyboard which requires you to scroll and type using the remote control of your TV. Unless you have a voice, control enabled remote control, you won’t be able to do the voice search till a few weeks back. But now you can now search for videos with your voice on YouTube mobile even while you’re casting to a bigger screen. The Google-owned platform has announced the feature, which works on both iOS and Android devices. Here we present you the process of doing a voice search feature on your smart TV.
Steps For Controlling Your Smart TV Using Your Android’s Voice Search
- As a first step, you need to open the YouTube app on your android device. Both your TV and Android device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now, tap on the Cast button at the top right corner of the android screen.
- Now the YouTube app will be launched in your connected smart TV.
- Then, you can just click on the microphone icon present at the bottom of the screen in the YouTube application in your android device. The red color microphone icon is the one you need to click on for voice searching YouTube Videos on your smart TV.
- You can use the android device as a smart control device for your television. You can search using voice and the results will appear on your television screen. Navigate buttons will also appear on the device which you can use to navigate among the results and play them on the television.
So, that’s how you can get the most out of YouTube’s voice search feature to enhance your movie-watching experience.