If you are also one among those many people who got disappointed after upgrading their phones to the latest android OSs Lollipop and marshmallow as they seem to miss the most wonderful feature face unlock. Then this article may help you and turn you happy as well. Android marshmallow doesn’t actually miss that feature, but has it hidden inside.
Here we go through the very simple steps of enabling the face unlock on your device with android marshmallow
Smart lock feature is available in the android marshmallow devices. Here are the steps for enabling it
- The first step you need to do is just enable any type of lock in your device whether it be a pattern lock, password lock or any other, just enable it.
Just set it up like that.
After enabling a lock system, smartlock option will appear under the various options in Security.
- Now enter the smart lock and after you enter the correct pin/pattern/password that you have setup previously you will find various options
- Now click on trusted faces option, and you will be prompted to setup your face recognition feature. Now just allow it to scan your face and after scanning it will show up like this
- Press next and that is it you are done with setting up face recognition on your device.
- Now just try locking your device first, and now unlock it and it will automatically scan your face unlock it for you and if it cannot scan your face, it will ask you to enter the pin/password or anything that you have setup for your security.
- While the device is trying to recognize your face the icon at the bottom will turn into account picture like this
- And if it is able to recognize your face, then it will unlock automatically and the icon will turn something like this below and you no need to enter the patter/pin/password that you have setup.
- And if someone else is trying to unlock your device, then it can’t recognize the face and the icon will show up like this and when they try to unlock the device, it will prompt them to enter the password/pin/pattern.
This smart lock feature available in the android marshmallow thus allows the user the comfort of unlocking their phone easily without having to enter the pattern, while their device will be safe with others.